Your Caring Dentist on Kauai
Dr. Paul Yoo is a “local boy” from Oahu. He is married to Janie Yoo, a local ophthalmologist that owns Kauai Eye Institute, and is the father of three beautiful children. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. Their passion for international service (primarily medical and dental) work led Drs. Paul and Janie to over 30 countries in bringing healing, sight and relief to those in need. They feel very fortunate to live on Kauai and to be able to raise their children in such a family-friendly environment. Dr. Yoo enjoys the mountains and beaches and desires others to know the Creator of these beautiful wonders.
Some fun facts about Dr. Yoo:
- is an early bird.
- is a vegetarian.
- loves traveling
- enjoys pizza and Mexican food.
- is an active member of the Kapaa SDA Church.
- spent 6 years as a mission dentist in Zambia (Africa).
- has a brother who’s a dentist and a brother-in-law who’s also a dentist.
Dr. Yoo is a member of the following dental professional organizations:
- Fellow – American College of Dentists
- Fellow – Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Fellow – International College of Dentists
- Fellow – Academy of Dentistry International
- Fellow – International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Master – International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow – California Implant Institute
- Member – American Dental Association
- Member – Hawaii Dental Association
- Member – Kauai County Dental Society
- Adjunct Assistant Professor Loma Linda School of Dentistry – Dept of Dental Education Services 2009-2018
Additionally, Dr. Yoo has committed to extensive postgraduate education dealing with the surgical placement of dental implants and restoration. He offers a multitude of dental services to the people of Kauai, ranging from routine cleanings to cosmetic procedures and oral surgery. Dr. Yoo is available during business hours for same-day appointments for emergency treatments.